Low Flame on Heatilator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Okaydave

Nov 15, 2017
Ohio
Hello,

I was hoping for some direction on a problem that we are having with our Heatilator NG fireplace. Model CD4236IR-C

To make a long story short, we were having issues a while back with the flame not starting. Service was called and they replaced the pilot assembly. It worked for a bit and then started to act up again. Recently, I replaced the module and it was working great again. Recently, it started to act up in a different way. Now the fireplace lights right up, but after 5 seconds, I hear a clicking noise from the valve assembly that lasts a few seconds. After the clicking noise, the flame in the fireplace goes down to half the size. The flame will never increase. After I turn off the fireplace, I hear a clicking noise again coming from the valve for a few seconds.

Does this sound like the valve needs replaced or can there be another problem?

Thanks!

Sounds like the stepper motor in the valve is "hinky."
It should be a simple bolt on replacement, but I can't be sure...