Low Heat Englander 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bighorn

Nov 19, 2015
United States
Hello, new to all things pellet here. I installed this stove yesterday in a mobile home. Noticed after the 3 or 4 hour mark (heat and blower settings at factory recommended 5) there was very lukewarm air coming out still. Flame was perfect, blower working, everything seemed to be working. As far as venting I have it in a corner with a 45 elbow out of it, through the wall and 4' of rise outside. OAK is installed as well. One other note, I let it burn through the night and by early morning there was no flame, but some unburned pellets and a PILE of ash. Not sure if this might be a venting issue? I live in Eastern Montana. Night time temps in mid 20's, elevation about 3000. I appreciate any help for this guy about to freeze in a couple nights!

Hello
What are the 3 lower buttons set to?
If not set right the stove will not work very well! ! !

Reactions: Shane1
Hello
What are the 3 lower buttons set to?
If not set right the stove will not work very well! ! !

I would agree with except he says its on setting 5. My assumption would be he had an auger jam.. but it is very hard to diagnose with so little info. Another possibility is maybe it is installed on a high wind wall? Maybe wind played a part of killing the fire?
I am in a mobile home as well and have had to fight the wind issue myself.

When you noticed no flame was it still feeding pellets?? Is the stove new? Used?

Check the baffle plate behind the burn plate to make sure it's centered. I helped a friend install this same stove a few weeks ago and once we fired it up in the house I stayed for the first hour to show him how all the settings effected the heat output. On level 5/5 I thought it was not putting out the heat that It should but, because it's a smaller stove than mine, I thought that it would need to be set higher, so up to 9/9 it went. Still wasn't cooking so we shut it down to check things out, and that's when I noticed the baffle plate was installed to the right side of the burn pot, exposing the opening to the left. I installed the plate back in the center, fired the stove back up, and within 30 minutes it seemed to be heating up better than before so I left. The next day, he told me that the stove just about ran him out of the house on level 5/5.

Reactions: bags and bighorn
I would agree with except he says its on setting 5. My assumption would be he had an auger jam.. but it is very hard to diagnose with so little info. Another possibility is maybe it is installed on a high wind wall? Maybe wind played a part of killing the fire?

When you noticed no flame was it still feeding pellets?? Is the stove new? Used?
Very
Check the baffle plate behind the burn plate to make sure it's centered. I helped a friend install this same stove a few weeks ago and once we fired it up in the house I stayed for the first hour to show him how all the settings effected the heat output. On level 5/5 I thought it was not putting out the heat that It should but, because it's a smaller stove than mine, I thought that it would need to be set higher, so up to 9/9 it went. Still wasn't cooking so we shut it down to check things out, and that's when I noticed the baffle plate was installed to the right side of the burn pot, exposing the opening to the left. I installed the plate back in the center, fired the stove back up, and within 30 minutes it seemed to be heating up better than before so I left. The next day, he told me that the stove just about ran him out of the house on level 5/5.
Good deal, I'll check that out and see. It was thrown around a little bit when it got moved across the state so could have moved some things inside. Thanks

Very
Good deal, I'll check that out and see. It was thrown around a little bit when it got moved across the state so could have moved some things inside. Thanks

Welcome to the site Bighorn! There are many good and knowledgable Englander stove people around here.

Sorry, hit the wrong key! It's off the windward side.
I had to add another foot section outside to get the cap away from the wall as much as i could while staying within the 3 foot horizontal rule.. without that extra foot of pipe the wind hits the wall and blows right up in the cap. No problem with wind since adding the section.. and its been windy!

I just readjusted them to 6-4-1, per research on this forum. It was on setting 'd', but sounds like 'c' burns hotter, but more fuel. At work now, but will give it a shot tonight. Someone had also suggested a thermostat jumper getting in the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.