Low side clearance small stove with left-swing door?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

amanda_maine

Jan 14, 2022
Maine
I thought I'd done all of my research and found the *perfect* stove in the True North 20 (TN20), and I framed my house (hole in the ceiling) for its clearances.
However, I finally saw one in person, and realized...the door swings in the WRONG DIRECTION!
So I'm looking for something with a left-swing door that opens to the right...The wood pile is on the right.

My Googling is ineffective and my local stove retailer doesn't have a great suggestion (I found the Osburn 950 but for some reason she doesn't like it)

Total width of the stove + side clearances (assuming double-wall pipe) must by <45"
So for example, 10" side clearances + 22" wide stove
12" side clearances + 20" wide stove
(the TN20 was 8" side clearances + 23" wide)

Small capacity - Heating 750 square feet new construction

Still, I'd like to use 16" logs (i.e., not considering smaller stoves with 12" logs)

All suggestions welcome! THANK YOU!