Low water temp at outlets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dwight Powell

Dec 22, 2019
Laporte Mn
Woodmaster 4400 low water temp coming from stove ETC says 170 degrees, temp at both outlets is 145 degrees. Checked the probe with outside temp, within 2 degreesof ETC. Replaced ETC with know good unit from working stove. Checked water temp at top vent with deep fryer thermometer. Was 170 degrees. pumps are located 25 feet from stove but lower them stove by 1 foot. What am I missing?

I would guess that the flow rates are not high enough to mix the tank properly and it's getting hot in the front end. if I remember right the return water is in a long pipe that runs all the way to the front, if it's an older stove it may have rusted off?