Lungs and burning wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an ash vac that I bought at harbor freight. It is the metal can design, but hooks to a standard shop vac. The shop vac provides the suction, while most of the ash gets trapped in the metal can. They no longer sell them, probably due to liability issues. It drastically reduces the amount of ash and dust in my house though. There are several other manufacturers of these devices. I'd recommend one.

Marty S said:
4. Toxic Pollutants - cancer causing substances (formaldehyde, benzene, others).

Oddly, there is a study out of Sweden that identified beneficial anti-oxidant compounds in wood smoke as well! Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.