M55 cast enviro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

Nov 25, 2010
Nova Scotia
Just a quick question, The blower fan on my stove has been making weird sounds lately, it sounds like it's slowing down then it speeds up again. Is my fan wearing out or is there something I can do about it??

Just a quick question, The blower fan on my stove has been making weird sounds lately, it sounds like it's slowing down then it speeds up again. Is my fan wearing out or is there something I can do about it??

I can't say if it's wearing out for sure, but from the many post I have read on here it sounds like it's on it's way. I have the same stove and a few weeks ago did a thurough cleaning and put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil where I could on the fans and chain drive. Fan got a little quieter and seems to be running smoother. I also took it out and cleaned all the dust out of the blades. All that dust causes it to spin unbalanced and wears it out faster. If you are handy it is easy to get out. Two bolts and a few connectors. In fact only one bolt has to come out, the other just gets losened and it slides out one side.

I got my new blower tonight and I'm gonna install it tomorrow. It seems like a tight fit, is there anything I need to know before I tackle this? Do I need to take anything else apart to get the blower out or does it come out okay??

I got my new blower tonight and I'm gonna install it tomorrow. It seems like a tight fit, is there anything I need to know before I tackle this? Do I need to take anything else apart to get the blower out or does it come out okay??
Going from Memory you have to take the 2 top screws out of the bracket that holds the electronics (on the right side of the stove) and move that assembly aside. There are wire that might be in the way of pulling the fan out. I made a diagram and labeled the wires and had to unplug a few to move them aside. I think I unpluged about 5 wires, 2 of which go to the capacitor that is towards the back of the stove (usually zip tied to a bracket). If you are not familiar with capacitors, they hold a charge that can hurt you if you put your fingers across the terminals so just be careful not to do that. After the wires are all moved aside you should be able to just losen the one screw/bolt on the left end of the blower housing, take out the 2 screws/bolts on the right end and slide it out the right side. I don't think it will fit out the left side as the exhaust bloer looks to be in the way. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Thank you, I haven't tackled it yet. The screws are on the bottom of my electronic system but it's probably the same thing you mean. So just get that out the way and the fan should have room to get out?? Could you send a picture just to make sure I know what you mean?? I like visuals

Tried to install the new blower today, absolutely impossible to do, had to call someone to do it, won't be here till Sunday. I don't know if it's because I have a newer version of stove or what but I can't get the blower out. Why do people say it's so easy, there is NO ROOM to get the blower out. What am I doing wrong, I am so frustrated.

Just thought i would add, you posted in the pellet review section so you probably arent going to get the responses you had hoped for.

Tried to install the new blower today, absolutely impossible to do, had to call someone to do it, won't be here till Sunday. I don't know if it's because I have a newer version of stove or what but I can't get the blower out. Why do people say it's so easy, there is NO ROOM to get the blower out. What am I doing wrong, I am so frustrated.
I am sorry I never got those pictures to you. With Christmas craziness and work I haven't had the time. My stove is around a 2009 if that helps. Can you post a picture of the right side of your stove opened up? I know the fan won't come out the left side, but on my stove it was no problem on the right. I will try and post a picture later.

Status
Not open for further replies.