Mac 110

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

walhondingnashua

Minister of Fire
Jul 23, 2016
ohio
I picked up a Mac 110 top handle saw at Trader Days (a flea market here). It was the only thing in the booth that was tool related so I don't think he knew what he had so he only had $5 on it. It has really good compression and acts like it wants to fire. Going to look into a plug and tinker with it. Is it worth buying a new carb worth? Should I just hang it on the wall or is this a good little saw to put a little money into?

That takes me way back! We moved to CT in 1965. Dad bought a McCulloch. Pretty certain it was a Mac 1-10 looking at the list of saws. We used it a lot!

I think it's a better wall hanger. At 10 lbs for just the power head it's twice as heavy as a modern 25cc top handle saw.

I think it's going to be a wall hanger no matter what. My ms170 does all my small work and I don't climb but I think it would be cool if my little wall hanger ran a little just for fun.

Like I said before, it has good compression. I pulled the plug after trying to start it and it was flooded so I know it's getting fuel. Next thing will be to get a new plug and see what that does.