Magnum 3500 Curious any AES guys ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher1

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2014
Ironton WI
I am hoping someone from AES might see this. My question is why on the 3500 if you crack the ash pan door just a little the extra air seems to go straight to the pot and turn it in to a high intense, like torch like fire. It's almost like the OAK would have to be blocked off in the stove somewhere. Stove is still running great but I just am curious about this.

You are increasing the oxygen portion of the fire triangle so increasing the ability of the fire to burn. The exhaust blower will easily pull in fresh air from the closest point rather than funnelling through the air inlet. To much air and you will lose your vacuum but with the intense flame you might be losing more heat up the exhaust.

You are increasing the oxygen portion of the fire triangle so increasing the ability of the fire to burn. The exhaust blower will easily pull in fresh air from the closest point rather than funnelling through the air inlet. To much air and you will lose your vacuum but with the intense flame you might be losing more heat up the exhaust.
Thanks Lake Girl. I was just curious, even though about drilling a small hole in the ash door: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.