Magnum stoker question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mike1911

Apr 12, 2023
PA
I couldn't find a coal stove specific section and saw coal posts here so thought I would post here.
I have a Harman Magnum Stoker coal stove that I've used for several years now.
There is a line of dots on the side of where the pusher sits. these dots are to help determine how much its going to burn.
The it only goes to to the 2nd hole closest to the stove when it works by itself.
I can manually push it to the 1st hole, but after it pushes it back and forward again, it only goes as far forward as the 2nd hole.
Another forum mentioned the fork that is used to push the pusher could be spread apart larger than it's designed 1 3/4". I took the stove apart and this fork was 1/8" larger than 1 3/4". I fixed it back to spec and cleaned out the pusher area but I still have this problem.

Any ideas?

Paging @coaly to the front desk for a stoker question.

Don't know. Play in the linkage causing lost motion obviously.

Yes the fork can absolutely spread open