Maine Choice Pellets...review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Hearth Supporter
Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
I bought 10 bags of these from Southern Maine Renewable Fuels. The pellets are a mixture of soft and hardwood. They burned very hot and average ash. The glass didn't really get dirty at all. There were fines in the bottom,but very little. I actually enjoyed the smell of the pellets too.The bags are a green and brown color and are sturdy enough. I believe these pellets are going for around $260 a ton. I really enjoyed these pellets and would/will burn more in the near future.

I tried a few bags of these from Southern Maine renewable fuels. I really like them and bought three 1.2 ton pallets. Right now I am finishing off some energex from last season and can't wait to burn the new pellets (well, not really, too cold too soon). I did really like the bags I tried, and hope they will prove to be a great pellet. Hopefully the mill will be back in action before next winter. Definitely hoping for a quality product from a Maine producer. Southern maine renewable fuels is a quality supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.