Maine Energy Systems update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletOwner

May 27, 2008
Maine
I DO NOT WORK FOR MAINE ENERGY SYSTEMS!
The following is new information from Maine energy systems, but I think I beat the press release.

- The first shipment of boilers (~100) is slated to arrive late june/early july. Their first shipment is going exclusively to preorders; that is to say, they have no extra stock to sell until the next shipment.
- The entire system is now UL certified, even for apartment buildings.
- MEsys is working on a Journeyman license for solid fuels (journeyman licenses let installers work with indirect supervision, so a master solid fuel guy doesn't have to be on site while the non-master installer works)
- They have supplies of bulk pellets in July.
- Delivery trucks are being made at the factory.
- Deliveries of bulk pellets begin in 60 +/- 5 days.

Does not matter whether or not you work for them. What would this forum look like if we had folks like you posting PR for the hundreds (or thousands) of manufacturers and products out there? Well, you don't have to answer that....

Suffice it to say that many (maybe most) of your posts cross the imaginary line from "forum member in good faith" to "pimping", and I would ask that you cease with being the Press Release arm of MES.

As to that imaginary line - the line is typically something like this.....

1. If a member ASKS about when other pellet boilers may be available, then you are certainly free to answer (if you know) in THAT THREAD.
2. Such an answer should be your words in general, not an advance press release. Like "I heard that MES is getting their first shipment in about a month - check their web site for more information".

We do have a Press Release section - it is free and anyone from MES can contact me for an account. That will allow them to post and edit their own PR which is accessible from the front page of Hearth.com (more readers than here).

I am pleased at the efforts of MES and other vendors to promote clean and efficient biomass, but we try to keep the board to a conversation between people as opposed to a promotional opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.