Maine Wood Pellets/ PB105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VTJake

Mar 10, 2008
Vermont
I just picked up a few bags of Maine Wood Pellets to try in my PB105. 80% Hardwood 20% softwood has anyone else used these for a period of time in their boilers?

If so what kind of results have you had using them.

Thanks.........

do a search on maine woods pellets...alot of press on them here this winter.

alot of people had trouble with them.the early version from october were not that great, they were a gross green almost black in color. that has since changed and they look much better(more like the rest of the brands).

there was trouble with the early versions only being about a quarter inch long, and that has since changed.

there was lots of ash with the early ones and that is still about the same. but the heat output seems to be much better than the early ones.

keep in mind, that these pellets are not from sawdust...they are from whole tree or chips.

this is a new company, and they are going to have growing pains, they are trying constantly to improve on their product.i burned them all winter, and with the luck i had, i will use them again next winter.but, there are alot ofpeople here who were dissatified.( this is stated with all due respect folks,i mean nothing in the way of sarcasm just relaying my expirience with MWP).

hope this helps,

mike

scooter said:
I've burnt about 10 bags and so far so good. They seem to burn like most of the other pellets.

I too have burned about 10 bags and noticed very little difference from the pellets I bought from TSC in Rutland for this past season. If anything there is less ash. At $229/ton I jumped on them.

Ditto to the above. I have just burned 12 bags to see if I wanted to try them for next year (they're the cheapest around). They seem to burn as well as the NEWP and APC that I burned this past year. Less ash than the APC, about the same as the NEWP. Maybe a few more clinkers, but not a problem. THe only thing to be aware of - some of the pellets are pretty long, and I occasionally get a "low hopper" message, although I haven't had a jam yet. I'm gonna try a couple of tons, but I went with some LG softwood as well "just in case".

Status
Not open for further replies.