Majestic gas fireplace need help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuochinwu

Nov 25, 2014
Sainte-Catherine, QC
Hi everyone!

I am new in this forum and needing your help.

I have a Majestic gas fireplace model # unknown.
The pilot lights on and stays on no problem; the problem is when I hear the main flame valve triggered then the pilot goes off and main flame never light on. I will have to keep pressing the pilot switch in keeping the pilot on then; but still the main flame not on. Then I need to turn off from thermostat and wait little; guess need to wait the gas valve close by itself then I can start again and keep the pilot on steady.

Not sure what happen since it was working fine in last winter.

In the beginning I thought it was just thermopile issue; measured the voltage and found it read low so I changed a new thermopile. Now already made sure the new thermopile working fine and trigger the gas valve...but no luck the fireplace still not lighting on.

Hope it is just a simple technical issue and no need to change the gas valve.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi everyone!

I am new in this forum and needing your help.

I have a Majestic gas fireplace model # unknown.
The pilot lights on and stays on no problem; the problem is when I hear the main flame valve triggered then the pilot goes off and main flame never light on. I will have to keep pressing the pilot switch in keeping the pilot on then; but still the main flame not on. Then I need to turn off from thermostat and wait little; guess need to wait the gas valve close by itself then I can start again and keep the pilot on steady.

Not sure what happen since it was working fine in last winter.

In the beginning I thought it was just thermopile issue; measured the voltage and found it read low so I changed a new thermopile. Now already made sure the new thermopile working fine and trigger the gas valve...but no luck the fireplace still not lighting on.

Hope it is just a simple technical issue and no need to change the gas valve.

Thanks,

Paul

Is there no rating plate in the valve cavity under the burner?
Can you post a picture of the front of the unit & also a close-up of the gas valve?

Is there no rating plate in the valve cavity under the burner?
Can you post a picture of the front of the unit & also a close-up of the gas valve?

I did some research and believe the model # is 33BDVR; see photos attached.
After many google and research I diagnostic I probably having the pilot problem due to the pilot lit too small or clog gas pipe or not enough gas pressure. Last night did another try and the pilot does not stay on now if I release the pilot button.

The gas tank is indicating at 80% full and I have 2 gas fireplaces sharing the gas. I also realized my other working gas fireplace the flame is not that big as before or just my illusion? Do I possible having bad gas? My next step is gonna clean the pilot and burner orifices.

Any input will be great appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 986
  • IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 607
Unless you can measure the gas pressure with a monometer, you can try clearing the gas lines by bleeding them where they enter the valve.
You can also try to adjust the pilot flame. I can see the screw on your valve in the pic. It's brass & it's located below & to the leftt of the HI-LO regulator.
You will need a multimeter to read the thermopile when you adjust. Shoot for 550 mV.
If you can get the pilot to hold, & the burner still doesn't light, you may have to remove the burner & check behind the burner orifice for a spider's nest.

EDIT: Looking at the picture the red knob on the gas line looks to be in the off position...

Reactions: kuochinwu
Unless you can measure the gas pressure with a monometer, you can try clearing the gas lines by bleeding them where they enter the valve.
You can also try to adjust the pilot flame. I can see the screw on your valve in the pic. It's brass & it's located below & to the leftt of the HI-LO regulator.
You will need a multimeter to read the thermopile when you adjust. Shoot for 550 mV.
If you can get the pilot to hold, & the burner still doesn't light, you may have to remove the burner & check behind the burner orifice for a spider's nest.

EDIT: Looking at the picture the red knob on the gas line looks to be in the off position...

Viola the fireplace lits on now! After cleaned the pilot with air compressor the pilot lit bigger and stable. Also found out the thermostat is bad too after bypass it by jam the 2 points. Thank you much for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.