Q&A Majestic Gas Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I bought a brand new home with a Majestic Gas Fire Place and did not get any type of literature with it. The unit is turned on with a light switch. I was wondering if the power goes out, can I manually turn on the gas. Also, how often should I replace the pellets..

Answer:

Most gas fireplaces, including yours, will work fine when the power goes out. The light switch is not hooked to 110 volt electricity, but to the gas valve on the unit. This valve produces its' own small charge of electric. This is what allows the unit to work from a switch.

The embers do not get used up and do not require replacement in any fixed time period. If you want to identify the fireplace or look for a manual, try Majestics site at http://majesticproducts.com

Link: Majestic Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.