Majestic Replacement Parts / Options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rmcguire

Dec 10, 2020
Columbia City, Indiana
Hello Everyone,

I have a Majestic Fireplaces setup that from the previous owner's maintenance log was a wood to gas conversion (Kit #SC36) in a #FB10C0 Insulated Radiant 36" with outside air kit #AK-MST. I don't know what any of this means.

I told a friend of mine that it wasn't producing much heat at all, and he said I had to close the flu. Well, I think that was a bad idea, I believe this and any high-BTU unit needs to be vented, but as soon as I closed the damper black smoke started coming out. I pulled the logs, which were all burnt completely, and tried to put them back in but it was just worse. I got the impression these logs had to be stacked just so, but someone told me that's not the case.

At any rate, I cleaned it all out and took a picture. The manifold works well, and there is a grate that the logs were on. What do I need to get this running again? Please forgive me, I know nothing about this stuff. I'm guessing some logs and a bag of embers? Is there anything else? Do I need to leave it open when it runs? I don't know the first thing about what I have or what I need to get it running.

Regards,

-Ryan

PXL_20201209_000913828.jpg

What fuel are you burning? NG? LP?
It makes a difference in what media (sand or vermiculite) is used
to disperse the gas flow.
Lift the pan burner & see if the rating plate is still attached.
If it is, it will have the manufacturer's info & model #.
If you want to get heat out of this, you will be wasting fuel.
Gas logs are considered "Decorative Appliances" & are not heater-rated.
This unit should be used with the damper open.

Thank you for the reply, it's LP. I had hoped it would put out at least some heat, but not a primary source. I appreciate feedback on what I need to buy to get this running, even if it produces little heat.

LP gas logs use vermiculite in the burner to disperse the flames.
That will be covered with rock wool pieces to simulate glowing embers.
Then the grate is over the pan with the items above.
IIRC, the front legs of the grate should be at least 4" back
from the front of the fireplace opening.
Logs sets are all different, but basically, they should be
located that the flames are not impinged by them.
The flames should be in front of & between the logs.
You may very well have a Real Fyre set from R H Peterson.
Take a look here to see if you can ID yours...