Mansfield up and running.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bebopin

Dec 29, 2007
Wisconsin
Well I finely have the hearth done chimney lined and stove is now having the 1st break in fire.This has bin 1 of the most enjoyable projects.I just hope that for all the money and time it will make the wife warm and happy.Here is a pic of the setup.
HPIM2199.jpg
Will post more when the room is complete this summer sometime.Phil

What kind of connector pipe is that? I have seen it before in other pictures. I know it is not, but it looks cobbled together because of the way the joints come together. Just curios as to what brand / model it is.

It is a brand from Canada. The name is....ummm no name but hear is a pic of the label.
002-2.gif
001-2.gif
It is double wall. I needed 2 45 deg. and that is the only manufacturer that had any.Was going to use dura vent but would have had to order them.So far it is working good.Will update after I get it cranking.

Hey did you do any additional structural support under that bad boy? Like, beef up the floor joists or what? I'm just curious cuz thats a heavy puppy for sure.

Looks like it'll heat the you know what outta the place :)

Do ya have proper clearance there in front, are those 12 or 16 inch tiles?

Oh yeah, my stove pipe looks kinda like yours, and mines double wall too, don't know the name/brand though.

Nothing extra.Under the floor in the basement is a 3 ft wide wall.Sites right under the stove.It is 17'' from door opening to the end of the tiles.When we redo the floors this spring I will be adding a nother row of tile infront of the hearth. As for the pipe.I know it looks kind of odd but it is working.

So, what's your experience so far?
How are you doing with stovetop temp and how much heat is she throwing?

From the picture it looks like the stove is very close to your back wall. I know my back wall (brick) can get to hot to put my hand on soooooooooooo..........how close is that to your wall and are you going to paint it or do something else with that, tile ,etc.

Everyone here want a safe install. They do offer a rear heat sheild as well for this stove which I bought for the reason of keeping the heat from radiating into the brick wall behind the stove.

Good catch on that stove being close to the sheetrock...how close is it. My rear is pretty close to the brick as well; about 4 inches, but I have had stoves here for many years and find that the brick releases the heat after the high burn, much in a similar way that the soapstone does. But, I tend to agree that something needs to be on that wall, esp. near the left corner.

So far so good. just need to get some good wood and then i will be able to give a better evaluation.As for the wall it is the brick chimney and it is coverd with cement.and also we are redoing the whole living room and will take care of the wall this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.