Mantel Shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plymouth864

Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Plymouth, MA
Hello wood stove enthusiasts. I am looking for a mantel shield for my Napoleon 1402 insert. Does anybody here have any suggestions? I have seen some nice photos of them on this site. However I cannot find where to purchase one. I have searched the intranet and wood stove stores. My mantel is approx. 8 inches too close.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• wood stove1.jpg
    wood stove1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 494
plymouth864 said:
Hello wood stove enthusiasts. I am looking for a mantel shield for my Napoleon 1402 insert. Does anybody here have any suggestions? I have seen some nice photos of them on this site. However I cannot find where to purchase one. I have searched the intranet and wood stove stores. My mantel is approx. 8 inches too close.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you all.

I did a quick search.

http://woodheatstoves.com/mantel-shield-47-p-9425.html

zap

Thanks for responding. I have seen those but I don't belive that is what I'm looking for. I would prefer not to drill into my mantel. I am looking for a shield that would sit behind the top of the stove and deflect out. I have seen a dozen pictures of that kind on this site but unsure where to find them. I might have to have it made from a sheet metalist.

plymouth864 said:
Thanks for responding. I have seen those but I don't belive that is what I'm looking for. I would prefer not to drill into my mantel. I am looking for a shield that would sit behind the top of the stove and deflect out. I have seen a dozen pictures of that kind on this site but unsure where to find them. I might have to have it made from a sheet metalist.

If you take that mantel shield & tuck the shorter length of the bent sections down behind your surround panel, it'll do what you want & you shouldn't hafta drill anything...

You might wanna check with your stove installer,,unless ya did it yourself. My installer custom made a mantel shield for me when he did the install. Why do ya need a shield with your setup?? It appears you have plenty clearance. Unless ya just wanna deflect some for heat. Good luck to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.