Mantis SwiftSplit Electric Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd64133

Jul 30, 2008
Western Missouri
I took the TaskForce Electric Splitter back to Lowes. It leaked hydraulic fluid and the weld around the wedge was failing.

Can anyone recommend the Mantis SwiftSplit Electric Splitter? I am looking for a quality electric splitter that won't break the bank. I know there are some in the past that have had this splitter and I am wondering how it is holding up.

I got one about 2 mo ago, what sold me was the return policy and and payment system. You have ONE year from date of purchase to return if you do not like it. ( HELLO ONE YEAR), and 4 mo to pay, they pay for s/h out to you and you pay back 99$. So here it is I have had no problems with it as long as you stay within specs. having it on the dolly/cart is great. I check out all the other electrics and you know what< they are all the same just the paint job is different. and the return policies vary from 7 days to 6 mo and you have to paid s/h both ways with everybody else. It comes in a large box where you put the wheels, and handles on takes about 30 min to do. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.