Manufactured home installs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

eclecticcottage

Minister of Fire
Dec 7, 2011
WNY
A friend of mine is looking for a used stove to put in her double wide. Since we bought new for a stick built I never paid attention to what stoves were approved for this install. Are the clearances for manufactured listed on the tags, and if there aren't any listed, is it a safe bet that the stove is not approved for that type of install? I know a number of newer stoves are, but one possible stove she's looking at is an older BK (solid door type, pre glass door). Just want to be sure she's looking at the right stoves!

Assuming it's an older stove without one? Got her looking at an older BK (solid door with the flame symbol vs glass door) for instance.

Why have her looking at old smoke dragons when there are some very reasonably priced new stoves available? And is the old BK an 8" or 6" flue?