Market Price of Propane

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

7acres

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2013
South East USA
I have a will-call arrangement with my propane supplier. They told me the best months to get propane delivered from a price standpoint is May - June. That's typically when prices are lowest. I'm curious to know how they set their prices year round. What do they base their price on?

Is there a website that I can frequent to watch price fluctuation year-round (kind of like watching a stock ticker)?

Thanks begreen. SC is missing too. Cruising around on that website it looks like SC data is missing in other reports too. I wonder if there is some law in place in most other states requiring reporting sales/pricing data to some government agency who makes it available to the public.