Massachusetts Biomass Grant programs - Check them out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PassionForFire&Water

Minister of Fire
Jan 14, 2011
Billerica, MA
www.caluweinc.com
Interesting is the required energy audit for the small pellet boiler grant program.

Yep leave it to MA to include red tape. I wonder if they require the energy audit simply to be sure the boiler can handle the heat load but who knows. Of course with anything in MA from the MA government be sure you know the details better than the officials. My experience with the home energy efficiency programs has always been that they say no at first until you prove that what is proposed meets or exceeds all requirements.

The owb change out grant has a deadline of Feb 22, 2013. And only had enough funding for 10 boilers. Better than nothing I guess. But as usual with these programs its kind of like playing the lottery. And hope your number comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.