1. Lerxst

Lerxst
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 16, 2014
    Loc:
    Johnston RI
    Anyone have experience with these?

For the past 2 years I have been using Platinum Pellets (from Canada)

Matra is a soft wood from Maine. I'm having a tough time finding customer reviews. Figured I'd check here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. doghouse

doghouse
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 9, 2008
    Loc:
    maine
    How much a ton? Where in Maine? Been burning for 13 years and I'd use softwood in a heart beat; providing they were reasonably priced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lerxst

Lerxst
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 16, 2014
    Loc:
    Johnston RI
    I am in RI, I don't have many options as to where I can buy from. I do have someone that would let me borrow a trailer to pick up, but I prefer that my pellets get delivered, so that cuts my options further. I can get these Matra pellets for $289 a ton, most likely on 1.2 ton pallets. I would get 3, for a total of 3.6 tons. I consider this reasonable for my area. Oh yeah $60 delivery fee for the whole order.

4. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    Being a White Pine pellet I would think they will burn good My favorite pellet is AWF white pines.