Maul Repair ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Happy Stacker

Jan 6, 2018
SW Ontario, Canada
The fiberglass handle snapped today on my maul. I need to remove the broken part that is in the head and appears to be epoxied on the top end. Drill it out or hammer it out in one piece? Also have an old wood handle but it still has a steel wedge in it. How can I remove the metal wedge without damaging the handle?
20180402_140128small.jpg

I really could not justify spending $20 on a new handle when I had a perfectly good 50+ yr old one. As daddy always said..."It may look broke but one day you are going to need it to fix something else. The trick is remembering where you put it"

Getting the wedge out was easier than I thought. soaked the end in water overnight and pryed it out with a screw driver. Good as new.

20180403_092139small.jpg