Maxim 250 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madcop

Dec 2, 2014
USA
New the the Maxim 250 family and not impressed. Started off with transfer auger feed issues, pellets were building up under the feed auger door preventing it from closing. Cured that by slowing the transfer auger setting. Now my problem is I can’t seem to get the stove to stop running in medium mode. No matter where I put my auger feed setting or air setting is seems to hang around 168 to 170. My water temp is set at 175. I think I have an air issue because when I look at the fire in the burn pot is seems to be a fire rather than like a torching effect. If i take the cleaning rod and clean around where the aerator and the auger connect I get an increase in air flow and the get the torching effect, but as soon as it happens to go in low a few times if the outdoor temp rises it seems as though the pellets restrict the air flow again and the fire goes from a torch effect to a flame. My setting is 4 green on the feed and two yellow on the air. Also my burner temp when in medium seems to run about 750 to 810 and 1100 to 1200 in high mode. Not sure if these are normal burner temp. Stove is clean and i removed the burn pot the check for blockage and everything seems fine. Have even had my wife on the phone while I was at the stove to see if any of the zones were calling for heat and there is not much of a heat load. Just can’t seem to get the heat to climb. Tried calling my dealer over a week ago and he is still waiting for a reply from central boiler. I tried calling Central Boiler myself today and after an hour and a half of being on hold for service the secretary came on the line and told me there was nobody that could take my call (unbelievable). I am pretty disappointed with the customer service so far. Anyway any feed back on burner temps or any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.