May be buying 2008 Mt Vernon Quadrafire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lordofthereef

Feb 11, 2019
Boston
hi folks!

New to the forums but have been reading around for over a year.

We think we've landed on a used pellet stove and wanted some input. It's a mt Vernon quadrafire from 2008 listed for $500 with hearth pad. Seller states "non AE" but the manual shows only AE models...

Can someone help me with distinguishing the differences? Anything I should be worried about either way? They did say it needs a new auger motor but I imagine that's a relatively straight forward task; I've services pellet driven smokers before.

Uploaded the photos the seller provided, in case they're of any help.

Appreciate any help!

DD5DB84F-EB28-40EF-B4D0-9DEF1D84A729.jpeg E3C5513C-93E4-4409-B226-2F98A0A52935.jpeg

There are both models. The non AE was discontinued years ago, when they came out with the AE, in 2006. I can see in the pic it has tubes, so it is a non AE stove. You should be able to download a non AE manual on the internet, to go with the stove. kap

There are both models. The non AE was discontinued years ago, when they came out with the AE, in 2006. I can see in the pic it has tubes, so it is a non AE stove. You should be able to download a non AE manual on the internet, to go with the stove. kap

Can you help me understand the differences? The limited information I find is the AE can do alternate fuels? Is it more efficient? Different to maintain? Parts should still be available I would think?

So if they stopped building the non AE in 2006 that would mean this is not a 2008, rather a 2006 at best?

I do believe I found the manual
https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/7005_151.pdf

Last edited:
Yes, that is the manual. I can't remember it they quit making them in 06, or later. All you have to do is read each manual and it will tell you the differences between the two stoves. The AE is more "computerized" and more bells and whistles, and the non is more like the other Quad stoves.The AE parts are readily available, and expensive. The non parts are still around I think. Google a couple of places that sell quad parts and see if they still carry non AE parts.

Reactions: Lordofthereef