Mcculloch 10-10 Auto Oiler Adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2008
Western Mass
Anyone know of a good rule of thumb for adjusting the pulse pumps on these saws?

Nothing specific on that saw, but the rule I've always heard is that you should have about 1/8-1/16th of a tank of oil left when the saw runs out of gas... Basic concept is that if the saw was properly designed to begin with, the tanks are sized so that you should use about equal amounts (as a
e of tank volume) if you are giving the right amount of oil to the chain, so you should run out of both together. However since you don't ever want to run the chain without oil, you should still have a little oil left in the tank when the gas runs out, just for reassurance value.

Thus I'd make a stab at adjusting it, and try the saw with 1/2 tank of gas and a full tank of oil, see how much oil you have left when you run out of gas, and sort of work my way into the correct setting that way.

As others have said as part of the answer to other chainsaw questions, for more specific info, ask in the chainsaw forum over on arboristsite.com

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.