McCulloch TimberBear Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoosterBoy

Jul 5, 2006
CT
hi dose anyone know how to adjust my saw so it delivers more bar oil to the chain. i know i can pump it a few times every once and awhile but id like it to be automatic.

thanks
Jason

Your Timber Bear and your Pro Mac 650 oilers should be the same for oil adjustment. The adjustment screw should be under the air cleaner. To the right of the carb if I remember correctly. You turn it to the left to decrease oil flow and to the right to increase it.

Glad this was posted!
My saw is an old Mac 310, complete with hole in housing where the self sharpening thingy used to be. Although it was a freebie, it starts easy and runs well. It does seem to throw a lot of bar oil though. I'm wondering if it has a similar adjustment.

thank you brother your right i think i found the screw it's a top mounted screw just in front of the card and air cleaner housing where the oil button stick go's into

thanks
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.