Memorial Weekend Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

This is the first time since I have owned the stove that I have had to use it on Memorial day weekend. woke up this morning and the house was 64 degrees. Needless to say I half filled the stove, I had just cleaned her up last weekend. Oh well as long as we are not cold.

This was going to be my full clean and summer shut-down weekend...BUT instead it is a load up the hopper and enjoy the heat weekend.
Looks like a June shutdown.

Reactions: Xena
Fired mine up yesterday evening haven't cleaned it yet I guess this is 1 year where procrastinating has paid off:cool:

Yea, this weather is crazy! I re-lit the pilots on the gas stove and insert this morning, and set the thermostats. Just to keep the wife happy. There saying high 30's or low 40's tonight. Might even have to light the wood stove tonight!

stoveguy, I was thinking the same thing. I may have to light the woodstove tonight

I think there have been 3 nights in May so far, that the Revolution hasn't kicked on at some point. Don't look like there will be another until at least Tues. or Wed., if it happens then.

Just sparked mine up as well. 65 in here and I was freezing. First time for me too this late in the year. Craziness but I hate being cold.

Sheesh! 33 deg. And snowing - 1/2 to an inch on the ground in the last hour. Higher elevations of the interstate 40 mph, near whiteout in places. Bear eating Firesides that were on the bottom of the pile since this time last year, lol. Supposed to be 85 by Thurs...

One stove summerized, two bags in three days in the other one...it's not warm here, with this 40mph NW.' sposed to get near 90 later this week.

Same here.

Tore down the little stove a few weeks back and did some repairs.
We had 80+++ F days and then it got cold and wetttttttttttttttttttttttt again.

Since that time the stove has been running often.

This is the nastiest Memorial Day weekend I can remember in a long time.

Ahhhhh Welllllll.
Nothing like a nice fire on a cold wet day.

Heads off to curl up by the stove.

Snowy

64 and need the stove?, it's been 61 here past few mornings and will NOT fire it up, once the sun comes up get's warm quiuck

This is the first time since I have owned the stove that I have had to use it on Memorial day weekend. woke up this morning and the house was 64 degrees. Needless to say I half filled the stove, I had just cleaned her up last weekend. Oh well as long as we are not cold.

Agreed....unbelievable this global warming, huh? Oh wait, it must be global cooling......whatever. I had the stove going too. Glad I hadn't done the final summer cleaning yet. ==c

Reactions: save$
Cool and damp, rain again today. Would have run the stove to dry the place out, but it is 74 in the living room and 55 outside with tomorrow forecasted to be 80! Still don't have the garden planted. Will try to get most of it done by the end of next week. Growing season is very short here so we can't hold off much longer. ( I do have some ripe tomatoes in the cloche). Everything is hardened off and ready to go in.

64 and need the stove?, it's been 61 here past few mornings and will NOT fire it up, once the sun comes up get's warm quiuck

X2 - put on a sweatshirt, it's a very low ash, high BTU and renewable source of heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.