Mendota D30, Pilot ok but main burner doesn't turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atul

Nov 28, 2015
California
Hi,

I bought new house and trying to turn on fireplace.

Pilot runs ok and I am getting around 600 mili volts at wiring terminals but as soon as I turn the knob to ON position, burner doesn't turn on and pilot goes off.

Do you think replacement of thermocouple will help? If not then please suggest whats going on here.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

-Atul

600 millivolts (mV) might be too high. Light the pilot & , using the screw labelled "PILOT" on the lower left of the gas valve, turn the pilot down to 525-550 mV. Make sure the probes of your multimeter are on the TP-TH & TP screws. Try lighting the unit & watch the meter. Is there still a millivolt reading? What is it? It has to be more than 100mV to keep the unit running.

600 millivolts (mV) might be too high. Light the pilot & , using the screw labelled "PILOT" on the lower left of the gas valve, turn the pilot down to 525-550 mV. Make sure the probes of your multimeter are on the TP-TH & TP screws. Try lighting the unit & watch the meter. Is there still a millivolt reading? What is it? It has to be more than 100mV to keep the unit running.

Hi Daksy,

I followed you instructions and as soon as I turned the knob to ON position TP-TH, TP millivta started dropping and went all the way to 0 in few minutes. I did move the pilot down to 550 mv.

Is there anything else I can try ?

Status
Not open for further replies.