Mesquite Firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

illenema

Apr 22, 2015
Las vegas nv
I have a good score of mesquite heart wood thats dry 5%. Tryed to use it for grilling and smoked alot!
Might be too much smoke for fireplace? Once it got started and stopped smoking it burned hot enough to melt the grill.
Anybody use this wood please.

Ill take 5 or 6 cords if youll deliver.

Right next to Iron wood btu wise , Like other super Dense woods need a hot starter fire to get it going long slow Hot burn good coaling. Little smoke once burning. Some of the species roots are larger than tree/shrub.

I chopped up some Charcoal sized pieces and filled a Chimney. The amount of smoke was unreal. Gut next house was working on his roof And I was concerned about all the smoke. Once its lit and settles down it burns really clean and HOT
Much hotter them Charcoal or lump chunk charcoal from the store. ( much Hotter).
Thanks for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.