MeSys Burning Question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainK

Aug 29, 2014
Maine
Ok so I know not many MeSys systems out there but I have to know if anyone can answer this.

Noticed that I'm getting some serious ash build-up around the burner, if you check the attached pic you can see in the foreground of the burner what the ash on the burn plate usually looks like. In the background you can see the build up of hard ash starting to form. Its hard like.... day old refrigerated mashed potatoes. You can crush it in you hands easy enough but you can hold it and it will keep its shape.

I don't recall this happening before... same pellets, any ideas?

I had been knocking it off the plate when I found it but am trying to leave this one alone to see if it falls off the edge by it self... so hard not to fix it.....

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 121
Hi. I can't help you, but maybe this'll bump the topic up to the top of the list.

Actually, maybe the pellet forum people might be able to help the phenomenon.

I looked at your install pictures and I'll be darned if I can figure out how it works, but I'm a newbie to the pellet world. Is compressed air involved to blow the ash off automatically? Is the hole in the middle the burn pot or is that where the air comes from. How do the pellets get onto the burn plate? I snipped this picture from your install pics for the sake of discussion/comparison.
okofen.JPG

Last edited:
Yes its a very different burner, no chance for clinkers, after leaving it alone it is working its way off the edge, so it does not seem to affect the operation of the unit. I'm now just wondering what causes it. Must have something to do with the fuel... it's my best guess.

Burning Below...

15983668535_fa4759e5d8_c.jpg

And now with a slightly faster shutter...
15796386430_4749a5fa19_c.jpg

Last edited:
Also this may be helpful for the more visually inclined...

Hmm, kinda like some old coal stokers. I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.