mid 1980's kodiak stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisiv5668

Dec 14, 2013
United States
We have a 1985 kodiak stove, but we do not have the fan to go with it. The fan was thrown out. Now I want to replace the fan but I do not have the information on the stove. If anyone out there knows of anybody that has
the original fan and wants to get rid of it or can take measurment so I can find one would be greatly appreciated. If you know of a fan that will work please let me know. Right now we have a metal fan that we place in front of it and it works great to heat our 2 story house but god is it sightly. We spend a little less than $300 a year on oil so I can look at that sightly fan for now.

Thank you for that information. I have checked with them but you need the casing for the blower and the fan which I do not have. I thought that you could buy just a replacement unit to fit but the gentleman told me no that all you had to do was buy the individual blower or fan for the unit. Stupid on my part for not checking before I threw it out. The reason I am so interested in getting a new replacement fan is not only is it sightly but I tried to find a 14 or 16 inch all metal high velovity fan over the summer and now and I cant find one of those either I did find a 20 inch but it is to big but it will have to do because the one I had broke. I am not giving up on this insert because it saves us a lot of money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.