Military discount change t HD Augusta Me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
A sign taped in the check out lane at HD announced a change in their military appreciation discount. You have to go to the customer service desk and register for registration into a program that will e-mail coupons for discounts. No longer able to get the 10% each time you shop there with your military ID.
Went to Lowes also. They are looking at military IDs to see if they say Active or indefinite, I'm retired so mine says indefinite.
HD seems to have the most problems with this discount. Once before they limited it to just certain holidays. Within a few months they were back to the same as Lowes. I know they are under no obligation to offer these discounts. But it sure is nice to get them where you can.

save$ said:
A sign taped in the check out lane at HD announced a change in their military appreciation discount. You have to go to the customer service desk and register for registration into a program that will e-mail coupons for discounts. No longer able to get the 10% each time you shop there with your military ID.
Went to Lowes also. They are looking at military IDs to see if they say Active or indefinite, I'm retired so mine says indefinite.
HD seems to have the most problems with this discount. Once before they limited it to just certain holidays. Within a few months they were back to the same as Lowes. I know they are under no obligation to offer these discounts. But it sure is nice to get them where you can.

The last time I was there they didn't want to give me the discount because my VA card didn't say "Service Connected". The only way I can get a VA ID card that says that is to get my health care there and get a new card issued which I won't do. I do have a letter from the VA which states I have a service connected disability, but I haven't tried that yet. All in all, I'm getting tired of Lowes and HD. I'm thinking I'm just going to keep my pellet purchases with SIB out of Jay. Decent price and it's delivered.

I have to agree that SiB has better pellets and really good delivery. I have been getting most of my new pellet buys from him for the past two years. But for other equipment, I E, the leaf blower, lint eater, etc. you might find yourself at Hd or Lowes unless you don't mind paying 50 to 100% more at the local hardware stores who are also chain store outlets.

I agree 100%.

FYI... If you're interested in buying any MWP softwood pellets, they're probably going to be produced end of April-early May. Steve at SIB said he would be getting some, but they will go fast. He adised to keep checking his website. He doesn't know the pricing yet.

This is just one of the reasons I no longer do ANY business with HD, as I mentioned in another thread. Even though I was never in the military, both of my parents were, and I think giving military families a discount is the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.