minimum chimney lenght for Jotul F602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jblivesmall

Oct 6, 2017
revelstoke bc
I have to install a stove in the next couple of weeks and I have to decide at last which spot it will go. My Fave/ideal spot has the ceiling height at 83 inches/6feet 11inches. the stove flue will be at approx 27 inches from the floor. this leaves about 56 inches/ 4 feet 8 inches of space to the ceiling. if I ad 5 feet of chimney on top of this, it will total 9 feet 8inches of chimney. Assuming that the wood I burn is in a fair state of dryness, would the chimney be too short for my stove to burn properly? In the Jotul installation data sheet, it says the chimneys should be a minimum of 15 feet. Can this be altered. thank you.

if the install sheet says 15 feet then that should be the height you go for. you can try it on less but you might have draft problems, smoke spilling on opening to reload, not being able to close the primary air down a lot.

would horizontal pipe compensate for the vertical? If I instal a 90degree and have 2 feet of horizontal piping inside, it would give me a bit more chimney lenght?

would horizontal pipe compensate for the vertical? If I instal a 90degree and have 2 feet of horizontal piping inside, it would give me a bit more chimney lenght?
No it would Gove you less. by the time you subtract for the 2 90s and the horizont a l run you may be negative.

thanks. I am looking into installing it at a different location.