Mixing Pellets with corn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodnomore

Oct 3, 2019
Central MN
I have an Amaiziblaze Model 4100 corn stove, I have had people tell me that mixing pellets in with the corn will make the stove burn hotter or burn longer. Is this possible to mix pellets with corn?

I use a mix in my Quad Santa Fe. Only reason is it won't ignite just corn. But, it does burn better, and corn keeps the pot floor clean from carbon buildup. kap

May have to rethink it, the amaizeablaze just burning corn keeps the whole house at 72 with the corn feed at 3 out of 10 and the blower at 30% way better than the wood stove the electric heat set at 60 degrees has not kicked on since I started the corn stove. This is with single digit low temps.