Mode reset....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Budlightguy

Feb 10, 2019
Clinton Ma
I have a englander pdvc25 stove, just replaced the lower auger motor and now the stove struggles. Doesn't blow hot air like it use to. I did a deep cleaning, but still not blowing hot. I did a mode reset and got it to go back to D mode...but I did it a second time to check and see if it was still in D mode and ot had reset back to A...how do I know if the D mode is good and wont reset to A???its driving me nutz!

when you set it to D wait a minute then hit start and unplug. plug in and check that it set.

I'll try tomorrow. I did press start but didn't unplug and it obviously fired up but it seems to be burning alot better. Thanks f for the tip!

I tried it 10 times...everytime I check it it's back to "a". I'm thinking the board is junk...anyone have this issue or I'm I doing something wrong?

It very well could be the board. When you change to D and just hit start, it burns good and you can increase n decrease the heat and fan? All other aspects of the stove are functioning properly? I’d run it for a while and see how it goes before buying a board

It very well could be the board. When you change to D and just hit start, it burns good and you can increase n decrease the heat and fan? All other aspects of the stove are functioning properly? I’d run it for a while and see how it goes before buying a board

No it still burns terrible, goes from small flame to a decent flame up and down...just generally not burning correctly. Think it's time for a board. Fans work fine, igniting is no issue, funny thing is it all started after I switched out the lower auger motor. I was hoping there was something to do with that but I think it's just coincidence.

Is the new auger motor OEM? Same specs as original?

This is what I bought
532375012.jpg

Yeah it came from pellethead. China made, not that it’s a bad thing but some of their motors draw a little more amperage than oem. If you havent blown a fuse it may be fine. But englander have a weak control board design and they tend to let the magic smoke out at 1.5amp on each circuit yours is pushing 1.3a. Your old motor is probably what took out your board.