Budlightguy Posted By Budlightguy, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:57 AM

1. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
    I have a englander pdvc25 stove, just replaced the lower auger motor and now the stove struggles. Doesn't blow hot air like it use to. I did a deep cleaning, but still not blowing hot. I did a mode reset and got it to go back to D mode...but I did it a second time to check and see if it was still in D mode and ot had reset back to A...how do I know if the D mode is good and wont reset to A???its driving me nutz!

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    when you set it to D wait a minute then hit start and unplug. plug in and check that it set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
    I'll try tomorrow. I did press start but didn't unplug and it obviously fired up but it seems to be burning alot better. Thanks f for the tip!

4. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
    I tried it 10 times...everytime I check it it's back to "a". I'm thinking the board is junk...anyone have this issue or I'm I doing something wrong?

5. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    It very well could be the board. When you change to D and just hit start, it burns good and you can increase n decrease the heat and fan? All other aspects of the stove are functioning properly? I’d run it for a while and see how it goes before buying a board

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma

7. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
    No it still burns terrible, goes from small flame to a decent flame up and down...just generally not burning correctly. Think it's time for a board. Fans work fine, igniting is no issue, funny thing is it all started after I switched out the lower auger motor. I was hoping there was something to do with that but I think it's just coincidence.

8. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Is the new auger motor OEM? Same specs as original?

9. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
  10. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
  11. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
  12. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Yeah it came from pellethead. China made, not that it’s a bad thing but some of their motors draw a little more amperage than oem. If you havent blown a fuse it may be fine. But englander have a weak control board design and they tend to let the magic smoke out at 1.5amp on each circuit yours is pushing 1.3a. Your old motor is probably what took out your board.

13. Budlightguy

Budlightguy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 10, 2019
    Loc:
    Clinton Ma
    Story of my life...I ordered a new board be her in 4 days. Thank God its gonna warm up for a few days...thanks for the info . I appreciate it!