Modifying Stihl 036 Pro (port, muffler, etc.)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That’s one heck of a Quick Stix.

Jetsam you must of been at a get together somewhere to witness something like that? Lol

No, but it sounds fun. I just Google image searched it.

If you want to take it further, Google for "chainsaw racing". :)

600-P6170109.JPG

Ashful, you can remove the spark screen, enlarge existing opening, then reinstall the screen, easy enough to do.. Faster up carb a little, go cut..

Ashful, you can remove the spark screen, enlarge existing opening, then reinstall the screen, easy enough to do.. Faster up carb a little, go cut..

I remember when I did my 360 I researched it and there was a specific amount to open it up. I don't remember what it was it was a while ago but I would do some research before I started cutting. Then again my results were not that impressive lol at least on my 360. Other saws responded better. With a 200/020 all you have to do is remove the screen and it will feel like someone stuck a supercharger on it.

Reactions: Ashful
I remember when I did my 360 I researched it and there was a specific amount to open it up. I don't remember what it was it was a while ago but I would do some research before I started cutting. Then again my results were not that impressive lol at least on my 360. Other saws responded better. With a 200/020 all you have to do is remove the screen and it will feel like someone stuck a supercharger on it.
No more than 80% of exhaust port opening, if I remember right..
You could'nt get 80% using the stock location anyway..

Reactions: Ashful
No more than 80% of exhaust port opening, if I remember right..
You could'nt get 80% using the stock location anyway..

Yeah, that’s my target. Will be achieved by combination of opening stock port and adding a second port, screen, and deflector on other side. I will actually overshoot the 80%, by whatever I determine the screen’s fractional reduction to be.