Moisture in gas valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwomatt

Oct 12, 2012
northwestern ontario
Brand new ruud 90000 converted to propane. -30 outside started shutting down right after burners light. Tap valve and it goes. Took out red spring and blew in hole thinking maybe a chunk of crap in there. To my surprise there was moisture in there. Put it back together seems to be working for now. I have a concentric vent and intake comes in right above gas pipe. I piped in on that side due to positioning reasons. Was wondering if cold air from outside hitting warm gas pipe would cause this problem. I have now blocked off intake air and just going to see what happens. Anyone run into this b4??

Here we go again. -30 and furnace isn't firing until 2nd or 3rd try. Only when it's super cold. Thought it might be propane issue but why when I rap on the valve or gas line at furnace it takes off. I guess I'll try a new valve next.

Status
Not open for further replies.