Monster PowerCenter/Surge Protector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one, but honestly have never really thought about if it's doing its job or not, never even hit by lightning. Kinda one of those cheap insurance things IMHO.

Hi there. I sold Monster and Panamax surge protection products for a real long time and, in my experience, they all do a fine job of saving from power surges/brown outs. Both have second-to-none customer service/warranty, if something should happen. In fact, I had an over-ten-year-old Panamax Max 6 with two not-working outlets replaced for free just a couple months ago. In addition, I've had line level noise issues here and there that certain units reduced or eliminated, so I'm pretty convinced their worth their cost (within reason).
My only major suggestion is to consider the power draw of your electronics vs. the outlets. Specifically, if you're using heavy duty amplifiers and a power hungry TV you would want to consider the type of outlets (high current vs. standard) the unit has. The price on that one looks good, and I like that it's a rack mount, thin size. Good luck.

I have a Panamax that has always worked well. I don't care for Monster Cable myself. Too much marketing and overpriced if you ask me.

Then there's the pattern of Monster Cable doing things like this:

Monster Cable Sues Mini-golf

I prefer APC and TrippLite power products. I agree monster is hype, the are good at selling you 50 cents of wire for 50 dollars.

I prefer APC and TrippLite power products. I agree monster is hype, the are good at selling you 50 cents of wire for 50 dollars.

yeah I'd but either of those, Panamax or any other reputable brand before Monster cable. In fact I would never buy a Monster Cable product.

Status
Not open for further replies.