Montecito Estate Blower problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jimdad1

Feb 4, 2017
california
Hello, I am a contractor and I recently finished building a home for me and my family. I installed the Bis tradition Montecito Estate fireplace. It worked great for about two months and then I noticed a substantial decrease in air movment coming from the fire place. The blowers got louder and then eventially went to a hummm sound. Indicating that the blowers were bound up. I took the unit apart and sure enough the blowers would not spin when i bypassed the thermo relay on the bottom of the fire box. I then tried removing the wiring from each of the blowers individually and running them separately to see if just one of them was bad. No such luck! Both blowers were bad. one was a little worse than the other. In addition, when I removed one of the blowers from the firebox the wiring that went to that blower was brittle. It was hard, and the insulation cracked off of the wiring when I bent it. When I removed the blower from the firebox and examined it it was not dirty or anything. Looks like it just can't handle the heat it is supposed to. Of course these blowers are not covered by the warranty... Not impressed. This unit is very expensive and I certainly expected high quality long lasting parts... I've seen a few other forums that speak of this same issue and I just want them to know what my finding are. I have not had any other problems, just the blowers. Also, hoping someone can point me in the direction of a higher quality more durable Blower that will last in this unit....? If not, ill let you know what I end up doing. Hope this helps

Reactions: mcdougy