Montgomery ward HEARTHGLOW#2207

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Desperado

Mar 10, 2019
STERLING PA
HELLO,I'm new to this site but not this rustic life style (homestead ing)& can use some assistance /advice getting some info as to this STOVE im interested in purchasing. MY wife & I was @ an antique shop and I came across this Montgomery wards model # 2 207.on the model # plate it read the way I TYPED IT # 2 WITH A SPACE,NOT SURE IT THERE WAS A # THERE OR NOT THEN THE #'S 207.My first question is ,is THERE a digit missing I TRIED GOOGLING IT but couldn't find a model # that started with a #2 .I did find a# 7 series that looked similar to it.It is a brown marble in color and has a coating of enamel / porcelain on it.I also want to know is it a wood or coal STOVE?I want to use it for WOOD.and if needed can you still get parts for it and WHERE?the antique store owner don't know anything about it.I will try to get a picture of it if needed.IT's nice looking stove.My guess would be it from the 1930's.My other question is the inside is pretty rusty I'm not sure if all the inserts are there & if the fire box is still good?There don't seem to be any cracks in it but is there away to make sure it is in working order?Also I would like to know I live in northeast Pennsylvania and is there any one or company I can call to check this STOVE out to see if it is in working order & if needed restorable?There arent many wood/coal stoves company's out here & the few that are don't deal with anything they don't sell.Any help would be appreciated.THANK JD

HELLO,I'm new to this site but not this rustic life style (homestead ing)& can use some assistance /advice getting some info as to this STOVE im interested in purchasing. MY wife & I was @ an antique shop and I came across this Montgomery wards model # 2 207.on the model # plate it read the way I TYPED IT # 2 WITH A SPACE,NOT SURE IT THERE WAS A # THERE OR NOT THEN THE #'S 207.My first question is ,is THERE a digit missing I TRIED GOOGLING IT but couldn't find a model # that started with a #2 .I did find a# 7 series that looked similar to it.It is a brown marble in color and has a coating of enamel / porcelain on it.I also want to know is it a wood or coal STOVE?I want to use it for WOOD.and if needed can you still get parts for it and WHERE?the antique store owner don't know anything about it.I will try to get a picture of it if needed.IT's nice looking stove.My guess would be it from the 1930's.My other question is the inside is pretty rusty I'm not sure if all the inserts are there & if the fire box is still good?There don't seem to be any cracks in it but is there away to make sure it is in working order?Also I would like to know I live in northeast Pennsylvania and is there any one or company I can call to check this STOVE out to see if it is in working order & if needed restorable?There arent many wood/coal stoves company's out here & the few that are don't deal with anything they don't sell.Any help would be appreciated.THANK JD
Pictures would help

Not interested in your ad I do my own chimney cleaning.​
I simply asked for some pics of the stove so we can give you some input. I really am not looking to drive to sterling for work.

Last edited by a moderator: