Morals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
I went to the back of my bush lot today. There is a patch of wild garlic
That I have never touched and was hoping to get enough to fill the last jar
I Ran across an area of Morels I have never seen so many in one place
We picked 8 lbs filled two buckets and only took about 1/4 of what was there
It usually takes 2 days to fill my dehydrator (1-year worth) took less than an hour
spent more time in preparation than picking
Anyone else found any yet?

I've been on the lookout for morals for some time. Haven't found any. On the other hand, used to hunt for morels when I was a kid, and momma would dutifully cook them all up for us. Sauteed in butter. Yum. Tried them a decade later, twice, barfed all night every 15 min (I know, passed the clock on the way), and woke like I'd gotten a great nights sleep. So no more. Haven't been brave enough since.

LOL, and here I was expecting a lecture on human behavior. Morels are yummy and you are fortunate to find them. Did that area see a fire in recent history?

Did that area see a fire in recent history?
No, no fire did harvest almost all the American Elm off it 20 years ago.
It was dying from Dutch Elm disease. Now Sugar Maple and some Elm
They say you will find them were Elm once grew. Haven't been back there in a lot of years
Kind of hard to get to. Seems I forgot how to spell too!!;em

I have a big elm in my yard. Wish the morels would seed themselves here.

I've been on the lookout for morals for some time. Haven't found any. On the other hand, used to hunt for morels when I was a kid, and momma would dutifully cook them all up for us. Sauteed in butter. Yum. Tried them a decade later, twice, barfed all night every 15 min (I know, passed the clock on the way), and woke like I'd gotten a great nights sleep. So no more. Haven't been brave enough since.
Might have been false morels? They look similar.