Morsø 3142b or 3112b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I believe the 602 flue collar is 5 or 5.5” so you could use a similar sized liner.

I believe the 602 flue collar is 5 or 5.5” so you could use a similar sized liner.
Yes but then you are limiting your options in the future. And an insulated 5.5 probably won't fit either

@bholler, got a quote to get the clay tiles removed. I’m considering it. Will be easiest to pull broken tiles out the existing flue entrance and re-do the brick work there after, clean out under the house would take additional work to be accessible for removing the tiles. My question is- when they redo the flue entrance and surrounding brick, what size should that entrance hole be ideally to be prepped for a 6in insulated liner install? Should hole be slightly larger then 6inch and lined with metal band? The ultimate goal is to have the clay liner knocked out and flue entrance redone to allow a stove dealer to complete a seamless install or do myself in future.

@bholler, got a quote to get the clay tiles removed. I’m considering it. Will be easiest to pull broken tiles out the existing flue entrance and re-do the brick work there after, clean out under the house would take additional work to be accessible for removing the tiles. My question is- when they redo the flue entrance and surrounding brick, what size should that entrance hole be ideally to be prepped for a 6in insulated liner install? Should hole be slightly larger then 6inch and lined with metal band? The ultimate goal is to have the clay liner knocked out and flue entrance redone to allow a stove dealer to complete a seamless install or do myself in future.
I wouldn't redo any brickwork until the liner is in