Morso 1125 air intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fritch

Mar 19, 2009
Eastern WA
I just installed a Morso 1125. I can't figure out how to get enough air in the stove to keep the fire going. I think the air is let in through the handle as there are larger holes on the back side of the handle but I can't seem to keep it going with the doors closed. Any suggestions? I would like to find an owners manual to figure out little quirks like this but I don't know where to go to find one.

Aloha Fritch,

I also recently installed a 1125. It is a great stove. As you may have read from earlier posts, the air intake is through the handle as you said, but also through the right door, controlled by how tightly you close the door. Depending on how dry your wood is, and its size, you may find you need to leave the door cracked until the stove gets up to temp. I jam a little stick in the bottom of the right door to keep it open about a half inch. Otherwise the draft will suck the door in too much for startup. But don't leave it in too long, cause you'll get a roaring fire pretty quick if your wood is any good. After that, you should be able to shut it down and control the temp fairly precisely. The most I have needeed to close down the handle is at about 2:00 o'clock, but that may vary depending on your gasket. Enjoy your stove.

Peace.

Good to hear that you got it up and running koa. How's the stove working out for you?

begreen, thanks for asking. The stove has been great. After obsessing about the stove and the chimney installation for over a month. the chimney finally arrived. Installation was an interesting task. And of course a sudden thunderstorm blew in while I was installing the flashing.

I have burned about pickup load of big damp splits and a bunch of smaller rounds. A smaller stove would have had trouble processing this stuff. I got som long burn times and guilty of some smoldering, but I did get a rutland thermometer, and lately I've been running it at about 500. It is very easy to control the temp once I got the hang of it. As for heat, the sotve has never been too big. I just open another window if it gets warm, but the high ceilings consume a lot of heat. And the loft doesn't get too hot either, which I attribute partly to the generous windows, and partly to the double wall pipe. I tried to attatch some photos, but the site isn't taking them.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.