Morso 2110 insulation in stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hillside

Feb 28, 2009
NE Vermont
I have a Morso 2110 newly installed in my basement - I was just wondering about the durability of what looks like a sheet of fiberglass insulation above the baffle plates. Will this need to be replaced someday?

Depends . . . if a bird gets in your stove and tears the whole place up you may need to replace it . . . if you have a sweep that tears it up while cleaning your stove you may need to replace it. As for needing to replace it every other year or anything like that . . . I think you will find that it is not commonly replaced, but if for some reason it needs to be replaced it is not a very expensive item to replace.

It's a fairly high-density ceramic pad. It should have a long service life; there's nothing except flame and fly ash that can get up in there.

and sloppy chimney sweeps. tell them to be careful with it.

True, true. On this stove, I would recommend disconnecting the chimney from the stove before cleaning it. You don't want to be dumping the chimney residue onto the baffle with the primary air manifold up there... there's no room to get in and clean it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.