Morso 2B Standard 2020 and old "Forest Stove" parts interchange?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Swamp_Yankee

Oct 18, 2018
Hunterdon County, NJ
I have an old (not sure of production year) Morso 2B that I got for free from a neighbor who was moving. The stove is in excellent condition inside and out and wasn't used very much. I would like to use the stove in a small guest cabin/office that I built on my property. Currently the heat comes from a direct vented propane wall furnace but the stove would add nice ambiance, except for the fact that it does not have window like the new 2B Standard 2020. Does anyone know if the door from the new stove is a direct swap and if it can be ordered? There seems to be only one Morso dealer anywhere near me and even they don't deal much in Morso products, but I did speak to a woman on the phone who said that she would email her contact with an inquiry. Since the stove was free and I already have the flue, etc...even if the door cost $200-300 it would be well worth it to me provided it fits.