Old Morso 2B Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

samstringerhye

Jan 8, 2024
Philadelphia, PA
Acquired an old Morso 2B Standard, not the new reissue. I'm looking to refurbish this one stamped from 2003 and I was wondering if I need any replacement parts. Looks like I'll need to reseal it, but I can't tell if I need side bricks or not or if the ones listed online would work anyway.

IMG_2680.jpeg IMG_2681.jpeg IMG_2682.jpeg

Thanks I saw that. Looks like it may be difficult to source the parts needed and would require grinding? Might be a bit out of my comfort zone. Is it safe to run without those parts?

It will put more wear on the stove sides without them. If possible maybe have some cut out of 3/16" steel and given a slight roll to match the side curve.