Morso: Real World Capabilities ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you say your place is well insulated.do you have a blower on the stove, if not can you buy one.i'll explain why.I have a dovre cast iron stove in my 1991 bungalow witch is 900sqft open concept living room dining,kitchen.with stove hot living room very comfortable not much heat past there,put on blower house jumps to 78f. one room is to off the stove but still warms up a bit try a floor fan and see what happens and fill it up to the bricks

Don't feel badly, enjoy the stove. Many of us started out smaller here. I had a Jotul F602 in the house for many years, then went up to an F3CB (1.1cu ft), F400 (1.7 cu ft), to the PE T6 (3.0 cu ft.).

Reactions: JP.G.
Update on using my Morso 3450:

I put in a condor probe thermometer this week. My fires were peaking at about 600 degrees which is comfortably below red-lining, so I've been a little more liberal with wood, putting about 10%-15% more in. This is slighty more than morso's 5.5 lbs recomended max load, but then again you'd only know that if you're crazy enough to weigh your wood. Its increased time between loading to around 1:45 to 2:00 which I can live with.

Yesterday I was home all day, running all day long the stove did a really good job of heating the house. I was able to keep the main living area at 72-68, the bedroom was a couple of degrees cooler but not horrible. When I got up this mornign the house was down to 62 degrees but I made it through without needing the furnace. I wouldn't mind a little more firebox to work with, but overall I'm pretty happy with the stove and feel ready for winter. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.