Morso Squirrel 1410 install with rear flue mount?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The F602 CB takes 6" pipe. The double-wall stove pipe makes it look larger.

Yes, 6". It does look big on that stove, but pretty much matches the insulated chimney that comes down below the ceiling, so there is that.

I bought that stove used. It's the previous epa rated 602 cb, not the newest version of the stove that just came out. Works great in our cabin. We aren't there in the middle of winter but I have little doubt that it would heat it fine once all the log mass gets up to temp. I doubt you'll have any issue keeping your place warm with the stove you found. You're more moderate in temp there in Louisville than we are in Central NY.

Reactions: KYBobKat
Yes, 6". It does look big on that stove, but pretty much matches the insulated chimney that comes down below the ceiling, so there is that.

I bought that stove used. It's the previous epa rated 602 cb, not the newest version of the stove that just came out. Works great in our cabin. We aren't there in the middle of winter but I have little doubt that it would heat it fine once all the log mass gets up to temp. I doubt you'll have any issue keeping your place warm with the stove you found. You're more moderate in temp there in Louisville than we are in Central NY.
True, our climate is more mild than NY! We do get a week or two in the teens, but cold is usually 25-40 degrees F.

Good to hear your little stove works well. Your cabin looks great. Last question, what type of connector did you use for your roof penetration? That’s a clean / neat round trim. I like that. I’m seeing a lot of the support boxes, and wasn’t sure if I could get around those with something a little less obtrusive. Thank you.

I’m seeing a lot of the support boxes, and wasn’t sure if I could get around those with something a little less obtrusive.
Looks like a roof bracket was used to support the chimney and perhaps with a roof brace too.

I used this roof support:

This roof flashing and a storm collar (though I mentioned in another thread that there are other ones out there that look better on a metal roof. I think begreen had a pic of one on the other thread):

This interior trim collar:

The chimney wasn't high enough to need any extra roof supports, but I did add a snow splitter later since the chimney is at the low end of the roof. Unfortunately it's as ugly as the chimney flashing, though it serves it's purpose well. I guess the plus is that it matches the flashing

Last edited:
Concerning the rear or top chimney exit, Top is more straight forward (and cheaper). I was able to use just a single section of telescoping doublewall stove pipe. It slides up for cleaning. Just cover the end with a plastic bag. Poke a hole in the bag to run a Sooteater chimney brush through and cleaning just takes a few minutes. Of course, you lose some of your cooking space, but the stove takes up less space in the cabin.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
Concerning the rear or top chimney exit, Top is more straight forward (and cheaper). I was able to use just a single section of telescoping doublewall stove pipe. It slides up for cleaning. Just cover the end with a plastic bag. Poke a hole in the bag to run a Sooteater chimney brush through and cleaning just takes a few minutes. Of course, you lose some of your cooking space, but the stove takes up less space in the cabin.
I used this roof support:

This roof flashing and a storm collar (though I mentioned in another thread that there are other ones out there that look better on a metal roof. I think begreen had a pic of one on the other thread):

This interior trim collar:

The chimney wasn't high enough to need any extra roof supports, but I did add a snow splitter later since the chimney is at the low end of the roof. Unfortunately it's as ugly as the chimney flashing, though it serves it's purpose well. I guess the plus is that it matches the flashing

sesmith, thank you for the detailed information. I’ll likely use the same products. I’ve been on their website looking.

Yea, I’m debating the top or rear exit. I like the look and room saving feature of the top exit, but I like the cooking surface of the rear exit. Still need to decide on this! I’m going to position the stove in the cabin and let that tell me what’s best.

Reactions: sesmith