MS 270 Question, won't idle.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Borrowed a Stihl MS 270 from work for junking up my stash. It has a little more weight and power than my 250 so I like it for junking up the logs. Works great with my finger on the throttle but I can't sit it down for 10 seconds and it cuts out. Easy to start again but still, a pain. It has the 3/4 , 1/4, and LA adjustment. Where should I start? I checked the spark and cleaned the air filter.

Thanks.

LA, Turn it in until the saw RPM picks up slightly. Then adjust the "L" (1/4?) screw for best rpm. Back the LA off until the chain stops rotating and you're done. 270/280 are the Towncars of saws. Easy to run for the long-haul.

Reactions: mecreature and zap
I did that but not exactlly in that order, works good now and very nice saw! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.